Organerías (III). La organistía de Motrico (S.XVII-XVIII)
Zudaire Huarte, Claudio (1991) Organerías (III). La organistía de Motrico (S.XVII-XVIII). Cuadernos de Sección. Música (5). pp. 9-22. ISSN 0213-0815
Official URL: http://www.euskomedia.org/analitica/3548
Saint Mary´s parish curch at Motrico already disposed of an organ in the first half of the XVI th. century in 1540, the bishop Pedro Pacheco issued the first Provision for the awarding of the organ service to a semi-beneficiary of the mentioned parish, which had at the time 7 full beneficiaries and 4 semi-beneficiaries. The conflicts which arose from the incompatibility of the benefit obligations, and the organ services caused several problems and litigations so that the Town and the Chapter came to a Agreement in 1765, which cancelled the previous situation and stated the organist´s duties and salary, who wasn´t a priest any more from then on. A list is given of the organists who were semi-beneficiaries and of the first organists who were engaged according to the Agreement
Repository Staff Only: item control page
¹Esta fecha corresponde a los datos de catalogaciÃ³n, no al propio documento.