Palacio de Zubieta
Velilla Iriondo, Jaione (1994) Palacio de Zubieta. Cuadernos de Sección. Artes Plásticas y Monumentales (12). pp. 173-208. ISSN 0212-3215
Official URL: http://www.euskomedia.org/analitica/3084
Zubieta Palace (Ispáster) has always belonged to the Yarza family. It was the tower from the way into the estuary was controlled. It had already been greatly transformed by the beginning of the 17th century. In 1716, construction was started on the present palace, knocking down the previous building and, in 1728, the sculpture of Saint Michael was added to the main facade. It is quite unusual model for Biscay, both due to the composition of its facade (a rectangle flanked by two towers) and to its square ground plan with a central patio
Repository Staff Only: item control page
¹Esta fecha corresponde a los datos de catalogaciÃ³n, no al propio documento.